[ARGUS] Argus clients on Linux on SPARC?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Jun 4 11:02:56 EDT 2004

	I'm running in to a similar problem (perl running out of memory when
trying to process 24 hours of data). The solution I'm leaning towards is to
preprocess each hour of data so it is presorted in files and then summarize
the 24 hours (allowing for a rolling average by deleting the oldest hour when
the latest hour is processed if I choose). Because the data is presorted in
files peak memory requirements are very much reduced (as potentially is work
load because I'm usually interested in the top 100 or so users rather than the
whole huge data file and indexed data in files would let me only process the
data I'm really interested in). When (or perhaps if :-)) I get further along
I'll dump it to the list.
	In the mean time, doing

cd argus_source_directory
touch .devel
touch .debug
./configure
make clean
make

in the argus directory will enable debugging. Then

gdb ra
r -r datafile
(seg fault)
where

would display where in the code the segfault is occuring.