[ARGUS] Argus clients on Linux on SPARC?

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Sat Jun 5 04:09:13 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 09:06:51PM -0700, Peter Van Epp wrote:
> 	Is it a 64 bit Sparc/Linux? Someone on FreeBSD (I think) had problems
> with time_t being 64 bits instead of the assumed 32. Something like that seems
> a likely cause here (in which case there isn't an immediate cure other than
> downgrading to a 32 bit implementation if that is possible).

I'm wondering if that's got something to do with it.

As I understand it, the kernel's 64 bit, but all the userspace stuff is
compiled 32 bit.

Certainly, uname -m yields "sparc64". If I run sparc32 first, it yields just
"sparc", but the manpage for sparc32 says that that's pretty much what
sparc32's supposed to do.

The most recent build log is at
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=argus-client&ver=2.0.6.beta.47-1&arch=sparc&stamp=1085621337&file=log&as=raw

but it doesn't scream 64 bit or 32 bit. I'm just trying a test build in a
sparc32 environment to see what happens...

No joy.

regards

Andrew