[ARGUS] Argus clients on Linux on SPARC?

Thorbjörn Axelsson thx+argus at medic.chalmers.se
Fri Jun 4 03:07:49 EDT 2004

Peter Van Epp wrote:

>	Is it a 64 bit Sparc/Linux? Someone on FreeBSD (I think) had problems
>with time_t being 64 bits instead of the assumed 32. Something like that seems
>a likely cause here (in which case there isn't an immediate cure other than
>downgrading to a 32 bit implementation if that is possible).

I noticed similar problems only a few days ago when I tried
argus-clients on a Solaris9/SPARC server. Running 32bit binaries works
fine, but when I compile 64bit (with SUN CC) ra gave me a bus error and
dumps core even without arguments. 32 bit binaries does me no good since
I wanted to rasort large files which need more than 4GB memory (the
server has 32GB :).

Unfortunatly I didn't have any time to look closer at the problem.

/thx