A question about the ArgusClientTimeout() function

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jun 14 17:39:31 EDT 2001

Hey Chris,
   No signals used to call ArgusClientTimeout.  This is
just called from a select() loop in the routine
ArgusReadStream().

   The ArgusClientTimeout is called based on the value of
RaClientTimeout.  If you want to change the frequency
of the calls to RaClientTimeout, just declare this:

extern struct timeval RaClientTimeout;

in your ArgusClientTimeout() routine and set the values appropriately.
The minimum value that makes sense right now would be 200 mSec,
as that is the default select() timeout value.  If you make it
large, and then change it back to a small timeout value, the
large interval will have to pass before the shorter one will
be used.

It doesn't matter if your connected or not.  The man page
probably needs to be updated.

I'm trying to decide what to do with the next set of
clients with regard to how this behaves when your reading
from a file.  Does the timeout refer to real-time, or should
it be relative to the timestamps in the records that are
in the file?  Any opinions?

On your roll, the appOptstring doesn't work anymore, because
we made some basic changes to the getopt strategy.  I never
really documented it, so I didn't worry about removing it.
Do you want it back?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022