A question about the ArgusClientTimeout() function

Chris Carton u43o1 at unb.ca
Thu Jun 14 18:32:31 EDT 2001

>===== Original Message From <carter at qosient.com> =====
Carter,

Thanks for those tips on RaClientTimeout! I'm sure I can find a use for them.

>I'm trying to decide what to do with the next set of
>clients with regard to how this behaves when your reading
>from a file.  Does the timeout refer to real-time, or should
>it be relative to the timestamps in the records that are
>in the file?  Any opinions?

I suspect that most clients that make use of this function would expect it to
be relative to the timestamps in the file. Anybody who simply wanted a normal
timer could just use setitimer(), I would think.

>On your roll, the appOptstring doesn't work anymore, because
>we made some basic changes to the getopt strategy.  I never
>really documented it, so I didn't worry about removing it.
>Do you want it back?

Well, the 'appOptstring' variable itself is not necessarially important, but
having some access to client specific options seems important to me. Is there
another way to define client specific command-line arguments/options?

Chris Carton