argus-clients-2.0.1.alpha.3

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jun 7 18:16:00 EDT 2001

Gentle People,
   argus-clients-2.0.1.alpha.3 is available on the server at
ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus-2.0/argus-clients-2.0.1.alpha.3.tar.gz
This release includes ragrep() and has some distribution
structure changes to make this a bit easier to find.

I've made some modifications to ratop() to allow it to attach to
and detach from remote servers on the fly.  Use the 'd' key to
disconnect and the 'c' key connect to a remote argus.  You still
have to start it with a file or a server, but that will change with
the next set of modifications.

I also modified a few keys.  To change the aggregation level,
we're using '+' and '-' keys rather than 'D' and 'U'.  This makes
a bit more sense, but nothing is in stone here, so if anyone has
any opinions that would be great!!

The goal is to allow you to start ratop() and then open argi
and files on the fly, changing filters and aggregation strategies
so that you can support some basic data mining, etc.....

If you have an opportunity, please take a look.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com