Stability problems.

Chris Newton newton at unb.ca
Thu Jun 7 13:12:33 EDT 2001

Thanks Carter for hte patches, I haven't hecked it out yet...

  On the topic of the testing tool... I'd be very interested, and have the
resources (time, people, hardware), to test this...  I would imagine it would
be of great interest to everyone here.

  Can we give it a try?  I really need to know how big a link I can reliably
handle, and how many packet/sec during a DDoS

Chris

>===== Original Message From <carter at qosient.com> =====
>Hey Peter,
>   I've measured well above 25-30K pps using Redhat kernels,
>so I'm interested in their numbers as well!
>
>   Actually, Argus may not get toooo confused in your
>scenario, as it deals with out of order packets pretty
>well.
>
>   Can you generate a DDOS simulator with your tools?
>
>Carter
>
>Carter Bullard
>QoSient, LLC
>300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
>New York, New York  10022
>
>carter at qosient.com
>Phone +1 212 588-9133
>Fax   +1 212 588-9134
>http://qosient.com

Chris Newton, Systems Analyst
Computing Services, University of New Brunswick
newton at unb.ca 506-447-3212(voice) 506-453-3590(fax)

"The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas."
Linus Pauling (1901 - 1994) US chemist