new argus-2.0.2.beta and argus-clients.alpha

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jul 17 17:21:55 EDT 2001

Gentle People,
   There are new version of argus available.  These
fix some rather important problems with argus, and
so I would recommend that all try this new version
out as soon as it is convenient.

ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus-2.0/argus-2.0.2.beta.5.tar.gz
ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus-2.0/argus-clients-2.0.2.alpha.9.tar.gz

   The most significant problem is that there are some
instances where argus can overwrite a data file on
restarting, and there are some conditions where argus
may be running in BLOCKING mode for writing to files.

   I have also fixed some Solaris porting problems,
as well as cleaned up a few minor issues.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com