argus option review

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 25 18:55:14 EST 2001

I agree with David's comments on the options.

> Last, I have a question.  How many people have custom argus scripts
> for detecting intrusions? I know I do, and so does russell.  Are there
> others out there we could benefit from?

I'll try and get another release of my scripts out this afternoon or
sometime this weekend.  I have finally beaten MakeMaker into subission
so now if you have $ARGUSHOME set appropriately all you have to do
untar the bundle, perl Makefile.PL, make install and everything gets
put in the right place (under $ARGUSHOME) and the scripts are modified
so they know where to look for the modules).

BTW did anyone other than Carter have a play with my last release?