FreeBSD problems (or I am terribly clueless)

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Thu Jan 18 06:27:22 EST 2001

	Hello,

	I am trying to get argus-2.0.0Q running. I have been a long
time user of the previous Argus program.

	In a network with a lot of traffic, I start Argus
by writing to a file (argus -i tl0 -w argus.log) and when
I read the file with "ra -r argus.log" I get no output.

	Am I missing anything? The network has traffic and the
machine is receiving it; I've got a Snort process running in the
same machine and it generates lots of alerts daily.

% uname -a
FreeBSD machine 4.2-BETA FreeBSD 4.2-BETA #0: Thu Nov  9 12:47:43 CET
2000     root@:/usr/src/sys/compile/MATAHARI  i386

	I have enough bpf devices. In fact, the argus.log file
grows fast.

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  12669360 Jan 18 12:24 argus.log

	I have configured simply with "./configure".

	I just don't understand it!

	Regards,

	Borja.