argus-2.0.0.beta.6

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Feb 20 16:33:25 EST 2001

Gentle people,

beta.6 is available.  This release fixes a number of client
issues, and few argus() issues.  In particular:

   /usr/local/argus install strategy for tarfile and rpm files.
      tarfile "make install" puts everything in /usr/local/[s]bin and man
      creates /usr/local/argus and /usr/local/argus/archive etc ......
   Supporting scripts and program changes for new paths.
   rasort() and ragator() core dump on FreeBSD.
   ramon() no output on FreeBSD.
   argus() little endian problem with Mar record status.
   potential argus() coredump at very high load.
   argus() flow scheduling logic for high flow load (> 1M flows).

ftp://qosient.com/pub/argus

Getting close to release time.  The web site should be ready
this week, and so we're getting almost ready to be done, and
a little break for me, well maybe not ;o)

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com