argus-2.0 status

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Feb 20 17:32:11 EST 2001

Gentle people,
   Well I'm about to throw in the towel on argus-2.0.  Argus
has come quite a way since 1.8.1 and Aug of last year, and
hopefully in the next few days we'll find out if there
are any problems that need to be worked on.  I do hope that
argus is now doing better things for you.

   There were a few items that had been discussed on the
mailing list that did not get implemented.  Is anyone
missing anything that absolutely needs to be addressed?
Now's the time to pipe up.  Is anything broken that needs
to be fixed?  Cisco support?  Is anyone screaming to learn
how to turn on SASL based strong authentication and encryption
support for remote argus data?

   Possibly this is the time to create the wish-list for
argus-2.1?  Perl modules, better (any) graphing support,
fixed memory model for better reliability?

  Any opinions are more than welcome!!!!

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022