Core dump in bpf.

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Feb 20 09:18:24 EST 2001

If argus got that far into the code, its not a bpf patch problem.
The rasort() problem is an interesting one, and I'm not sure why
all of a sudden it has reared its ugly head, but its my bug.

I think we got your problem snuffed in beta.6.

When we get that many flows, which I estimate you got ~ 1.4M of
them, we don't process them as fast as we should.  Flows end up
in the process queue for 3-4X their timeout values and that
I believe, generates some garbage collection problems.  Just a
theory that I have.

I'll make one more change for the large flow set problem, and
we'll see how that goes in beta.6.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022