argus-2.0 or argus-2.0.0?

Mark Poepping poepping at cmu.edu
Tue Feb 6 13:36:58 EST 2001

argus-2.0 or argus-2.0.0?I'd say 2.0.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-argus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
[mailto:owner-argus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu]On Behalf Of Carter Bullard
  Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 1:31 PM
  To: Argus (E-mail)
  Subject: argus-2.0 or argus-2.0.0?

  Gentle people,
     I have been developing the "announcement" for the beta status
  of Argus and I've noticed that announcing that Argus-2.1.0
  is in beta, makes people think they've been missing something.
  So I'm considering dropping the release version numbers
  back to either Argus-2.0 or Argus-2.0.0.

     Before I start telling people outside the list, what do you guys
  think?  Argus-2.0, Argus-2.0.0 or Argus-2.1.0?  For most on the
  list this is really boring, but for some, this is important.
  If anyone has any strong opinions, I'm definitely open to
  suggestion.

  QoSient, LLC
  300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
  New York, New York  10022