argus-2.0 or argus-2.0.0?

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 6 13:45:26 EST 2001

>       Before I start telling people outside the list, what do you guys
>    think?  Argus-2.0, Argus-2.0.0 or Argus-2.1.0?  For most on the
>    list this is really boring, but for some, this is important.
>    If anyone has any strong opinions, I'm definitely open to
> suggestion.

Personally, having been a long time user of the 1.x series, I feel that
this release is really the first 2.x public, and as such deserves the
Zen Peace that 0 represents.  As such, 2.0.0 would be my preference
(shame you can't use a vinculum over the .0).

It sets the tone for future version numbers (2.0.1, 2.0.2, 3.1.4)
nicely, as well.

Scott