argus-2.0.0q

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Oct 16 18:12:48 EDT 2000

Gentle people,

ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus/argus-2.0/argus-2.0.0q.tar.gz
is available.  In addition to some basic and esoteric bug
fixes, the highlight of this release is .argusrc and .rarc
resource file support.  Please see ./examples/.argusrc and
./examples/.rarc to see how they work.

The big deal is that you can specify your own time
format.  Please give it a try.  The RA_FIELD_DELIMITER
support has not been implemented, but its there to be
able to do what we've all been waiting for, comma separated
files and the like.  I'll have that support tomorrow.

The path used by argus and all the ra* clients to
these files is currently set as:

   $ARGUSHOME/.[argus ra]rc; $HOME/.[argus ra]rc

I will add ./.[argus ra]rc in the next release.

Unfortunately Russell's mail below arrived too late to
have any impact on my stab at .rc support, so take this
stab as just a first effort.

Please have a test,

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A