drop counts

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Oct 16 16:08:01 EDT 2000

	If your system is like mine the packet loss is taking place at the
Ethernet driver stage not in bpf. Since I have been poking around in bpf.c
I syslogged the packet count that it saw (and the drop counter). That indicates
the packets didn't get to bpf and that bpf didn't drop any of the packets that
it received. I guess I need to go poking lower in the interface for the packet
loss (which will be why boosting the bpf buffer size didn't seem to do
anything).