Solaris/Linux compatibility problems

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Dec 6 19:47:27 EST 2000

Hey Guys,
   Yes indeed, if I move the "record_len" field around, I indeed can get all
things to work.  I'll make the change in "G" and warn everyone about the
problems.  That should happen, however, on Monday, as I am now on
the road.

   For those on the list, there is a problem (don't know when it raised its
head) where some Solaris compilers want to align (long long) variables
on quad word boundaries.  Result, some Solaris clients can't read any
data, and thus we don't have machine independence.

   The solution is to move some variable around in the Argus Record.
No problem, just all Argus-2.0 data prior to release "G" will be
incompatible.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022