Memory Problems in Argus-1.8

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 5 17:26:43 EDT 2000

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:53:49 -0700 Carter Bullard
> <cbullard at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:
>

> > >     No - it is argus that gets large - usually starts at
> > > about 3M and grows
> > > to about 5M after a few days, then I forget about it and next
> > > time I look it
> > > is 88M

	Although my scripts are HUPing and restarting it every morning and
I'm currently at 4.1megs virtual 3.7 megs rss on FreeBSD, I did before christmas
accidentally run one for 22 days or so and don't remember a large memory
increase. That of course was one of the 1.8 betas not the release version.
I'll start one on a test machine and leave it and see what happens. What
operating system is the apparant leak being reported on?