Memory Problems in Argus-1.8

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 5 17:13:58 EDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:53:49 -0700 Carter Bullard
<cbullard at nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

> >     No - it is argus that gets large - usually starts at
> > about 3M and grows
> > to about 5M after a few days, then I forget about it and next
> > time I look it
> > is 88M

Hmmm.... I don't see anything as dramatic as that.  I restarted both my
copies of argus about 2 weeks ago and now find that they are both up
around 6MB total size with about 1300KB resident.  My gut feeling is
that this is higher than it used to be, but it is just that, a gut
feeling -- no evidence.  If they continue to grow I'll know about it
soon enough -- one of the boxes only has 16MB.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Russell.