[MyAppleMenu] Sep 7, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Sep 7 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Apple Offering iMaschine For Free Via The Apple Store App In Celebration Of iTunes Festival ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/09/apple-offering-imaschine-for-free-via-the-apple-store-app-in-celebration-of-itunes-festival>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Apple's Burden: A Mountain Of Money It Can't Really Use ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/07/apple-iphone-6-cash-pile-tax-avoidance-us>
Sean Farrell, The Guardian

*** Apple Courts Fashionistas As Smartwatch Expectations Mount ***
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/06/apple-fashion-smartwatch-idINKBN0H10AJ20140906#9to5mac>
Christina Farr, Reuters

> Apple Inc has invited top fashion editors and bloggers in unprecedented numbers to its Tuesday launch gala.
> "I assume it's because they are unveiling a wearable," said Lea Goldman, features and special projects director for Marie Claire magazine, a first-time invitee. "This suggests Apple is serious about tapping into the fashion world, which often sits on the sidelines."

*** The Children Act By Ian McEwan Review – A Masterly Balance Between Research And Imagination ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/sep/07/the-children-act-review-ian-mcewan-masterly>
Kate Kellaway, The Guardian

> From the start of this masterly novel, there is a larger sense, as Fiona lies on her chaise longue, that an elegantly established equilibrium is about to be rocked – his other work, if nothing else, makes one sure of it.

*** Poet Patricia Lockwood Dreams Of Roasted Pturkeydactyls ***
<http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/08/patricia-lockwood-grub-street-diet.html?mid=twitter_nymag>
Sierra Tishgart, Grub Street