[MyAppleMenu] Sep 8, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Sep 8 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Mac Gems: Recovery Partition Creator Adds OS X Recovery To Any Drive ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2602951/mac-gems-recovery-partition-creator-adds-os-x-recovery-to-any-drive.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#tk.rss_all>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

*** Star Walk 2 Review: iPad App Makes The Night Sky Look Better Than Ever ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2602221/star-walk-2-review-ipad-app-makes-the-night-sky-look-better-than-ever.html#tk.rss_all>
Derek Walter, Macworld

> At first glance Star Walk 2 is definitely cleaner and feels snappier compared to the original, especially when navigating through the menus. The sequel also elevates the concept from the original by including more content that will engage those who are casual observers of the sky as well as those with a heavy interest in astronomy.

*** 7 Dictionary And Reference Apps That Are Not Just For Students ***
<http://www.techhive.com/article/2602952/7-dictionary-and-reference-apps-that-are-not-just-for-students.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#tk.rss_all>
Kirk McElhearn, TechHive

> Here are a handful of apps that can help you find useful information for school, or even for other aspects of your life.

*** Apple And Disney Stores Upgrading iBeacons And NFC Scanners Ahead Of iPhone 6 Launch ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/07/apple-and-disney-stores-upgrading-ibeacons-and-nfc-scanners-ahead-of-iphone-6-launch/>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Apple Filling Out Flyover City Tours Ahead Of iOS 8 And OS X Yosemite Launches ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/07/flyover-city-tours/>
Eric Slivka, MacRumors

*** Food Festivals Are Revolting ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2014/09/food_festival_takedown_these_vile_bacchanals_are_a_waste_of_money.html>
Andrew Simmons, Slate

> These modern-day bacchanals showcase the worst features of American life.

*** Revisiting The Moon ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/science/revisiting-the-moon.html?ref=science&_r=0>
Natalie Angier, New York Times

> Nevertheless, astronomers concur that whatever the reason, yes, you should look at the moon early and often, whether it’s waxing or waning, gibbous or crescent, and appreciate the many features that set our moon apart from the other 100-plus moons of the solar system, and even celebrate our loyal satellite as a planet in its own right.

*** ‘Monogram Murders’: Thanks To Sophie Hannah, No ‘Curtain’ For Poirot After All ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/monogram-murders-thanks-to-sophie-hannah-no-curtain-for-poirot-after-all/2014/09/07/126e8af8-2154-11e4-86ca-6f03cbd15c1a_story.html>
Carol Memmott, Washington Post