[MyAppleMenu] Sep 2, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Sep 2 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** PlainTextMenu Review: Takes The Fuss And Muss Out Of Cut-and-paste ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2598406/plaintextmenu-review-takes-the-fuss-and-muss-out-of-cut-and-paste.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#tk.rss_all>
Serenity Caldwell, Macworld

> If you spend a lot of time copying and pasting formatted text from the Internet or Microsoft Word, you might just adore PlainTextMenu: It strips out colors, formatting, bold text, and all the pesky things that make sharing or pasting text a pain between programs.

*** Sqwiggle Now Lets You Use Your iPad As A ‘Second Screen’ For Always-on Team Video Chats ***
<http://thenextweb.com/apps/2014/09/02/sqwiggle-now-lets-use-ipad-second-screen-always-team-video-chats/>
Ben Woods, The Next Web

*** Reddit Launches New Official iOS App Dedicated To Ask Me Anything Interviews ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/09/reddit-launches-new-official-ios-app-dedicated-to-ask-me-anything-interviews>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Primarily, the Ask Me Anything app offers a new way to browse and ask questions on AMAs that’s decidedly more user-friendly and visually appealing than Reddit’s outdated Web-based interface.

*** Automate Your Mac: 10 Ways To Make Managing Email Easier ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2600760/automate-your-mac-10-ways-to-make-managing-email-easier.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#tk.rss_all>
Christpher Breen, Katie Floyd, Dan Frakes, Matt Gemmell, Topher Kessler, Kirk McElhearn, and David Sparks, Macworld

*** Sony Updates Music Unlimited App To Version 2.0 With New Design Plus Improvements ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/09/sony-updates-music-unlimited-app-to-version-2-0-with-new-design-plus-improvements>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Apple Says It Is “Actively Investigating” Celeb Photo Hack ***
<http://recode.net/2014/09/01/apple-says-it-is-actively-investigating-celeb-photo-hack/>
Arik Hesseldahl, Re/code

> “We take user privacy very seriously and are actively investigating this report,” said Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris.

*** Naked Celebrity Hack: Security Experts Focus On iCloud Backup Theory ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/01/naked-celebrity-hack-icloud-backup-jennifer-lawrence>
Charles Arthur, The Guardian

> After intensive examination of file data leaked by one or more hackers, suspicion grows that iCloud backups were source of pictures – though precise method of attack still unclear.

*** Nude Celebrity Picture Leak Looks Like Phishing Or Email Account Hack ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/01/nude-celebrity-pictures-hack-jennifer-lawrence-rihanna>
Charles Arthur, The Guardian

> Apple’s iCloud service may have been the source of the photos but security experts think password hacks are likely explanation.

*** StorageStatus Review: Be A Little Smarter About How You Use Your Storage ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2598303/storagestatus-review-be-a-little-smarter-about-how-you-use-your-storage.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#tk.rss_all>
Michael Simon, Macworld

*** Why Paris Is Forgetting Ernest Hemingway ***
<http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28951095>
Ugh Schofield, BBC

> American writer Ernest Hemingway had close links with Paris. He first lived there in 1920 and played a marginal, much-mythologised, role in the 1944 liberation of the city. But now, 70 years on, memories of the author are starting to fade.

*** ‘We Are Not Ourselves’ Is A Rendering Of The Effect Of Alzheimer’s On One Family ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/we-are-not-ourselves-is-a-rendering-of-the-effect-of-alzheimers-on-one-family/2014/09/01/9dd7bc30-2d58-11e4-9b98-848790384093_story.html?wprss=rss_books>
Alice LaPlante, Washington Post

> Perhaps the most poignant moment in “King Lear” occurs when Lear, on the cusp of losing his mind, cries out, “O, let me not be mad, not mad, sweet heaven; keep me in temper; I would not be mad!” Echoes of Lear’s terror resound through Matthew Thomas’s stunning first novel, “We Are Not Ourselves,” as one of the pivotal characters succumbs to the ravages of early-onset Alzheimer’s.

*** Inside DuckDuckGo, Google's Tiniest, Fiercest Competitor ***
<http://www.fastcolabs.com/3026698/inside-duckduckgo-googles-tiniest-fiercest-competitor?_sm_au_=iVVZSpQKWTTZrPQj>
John Paul Titlow, Fast Company