[MyAppleMenu] Oct 12, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Oct 12 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Six Qs From Scratch: Glenn Fleishman On Why He’s Closing The Magazine ***
<http://community.scratchmag.net/six-qs-from-scratch-glenn-fleishman-on-why-hes-closing-the-magazine/>
Manjula Martin, Scratch

> Well, Marco and I both agreed that we underestimated how much revision and upkeep would be needed on the app. As an iOS programmer, Marco could make those changes “free,” only requiring his labor and a little bit of design/UI spending with a studio he worked with. The app suffered over time because as subscriptions declined, I couldn’t afford to hire the work to add compelling features people wanted to keep improving the reading and issue-management experience.

*** How To Tell If iOS And Mac Apps Are Eligible For Family Sharing ***
<http://www.imore.com/how-tell-if-ios-and-mac-apps-are-eligible-family-sharing?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** Apple’s Software Quality Decline ***
<http://mjtsai.com/blog/2014/10/11/apples-software-quality-decline/>
Michael Tsai

> I didn’t think yearly OS releases would be good for quality, and I continue to believe that Apple is trying to move too fast.

*** What It’s Like To Carry Your Nobel Prize Through Airport Security ***
<http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2014/10/10/nobel-prize-airport-security/>
Clara Moskowitz, Scientific America