[MyAppleMenu] Oct 11, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Oct 11 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Apple Rolling Out Revamped iTunes Store To iTunes 12 Users Ahead Of OS X Yosemite Launch ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/10/itunes-store-revamp-os-x-yosemite/>
Juli Clover, MacRumors

*** I Want To Write iOS Apps. Where Do I Start? ***
<http://lifehacker.com/i-want-to-write-ios-apps-where-do-i-start-1644802175>
Thorin Klosowski, Lifehacker

*** We Talked To 4 Major Banks About The Future Of Apple Pay ***
<http://www.dailydot.com/technology/apple-pay-token-process/>
Miah Singleton, The Daily Dot

> "When Apple got in touch with us and showed us their solution [Apple Pay], we were very excited to see what they had been working on and what they had developed, particularly since it was so convenient, secure, and private," said Randy Hopper, vice president of credit cards at Navy Federal, the largest credit union in the United States.

*** Apple’s Beats Settles Headphone Patent Dispute With Bose ***
<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-10/apple-s-beats-settles-headphone-patent-dispute-with-bose.html>
Todd Shields, Bloomberg

<http://www.macstories.net/linked/view-source-2-0/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> The extension now has a full DOM browser so you can view and navigate to linked assets without leaving Safari.

*** Glassboard Private Messaging App Shutting Down November 1 ***
<http://www.imore.com/glassboard-private-messaging-app-shutting-down-november-1?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter>
Drek Kessler, iMore

> The Glassboard business chat service is closing its doors after failing to make money. Glassboard, which offered a way for groups, including businesses, teams, and families, to share a private running conversation, photos, locations, and files, launched in 2011 and has struggled to find a viable business model since then with sustainable revenues. And so, on November 1st, Glassboard is turning off.

*** How To Hack Together Multi-room Music With Sonos, Airfoil, And Old iPhones ***
<http://www.imore.com/play-multi-room-music-old-ios-devices?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter>
Serenity Caldwell, iMore

*** Dear Thief By Samantha Harvey Review – A Heady Portrait Of Eroticism And Loss ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/oct/11/dear-thief-samantha-harvey-review>
Claire Kilroy, The Guardian

> In most books, events happen solely on the page. In the best books, events happen in the reader, too. Perhaps because it is so intimate, so honest, so raw, <i>Dear Thief</i> provokes you to think about life, and Life, and your own life, the people in it as well as the ghosts.

*** The Other Self: Sarah Ruhl's '100 Essays I Don't Have Time To Write' ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/books/review/sarah-ruhls-100-essays-i-dont-have-time-to-write.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Rachel Cusk, New York Times

> “100 Essays I Don’t Have Time to Write” is in fact a work of profound moral organization: It arises from the Woolfian notion of a feminine form, sure enough, but its deeper purpose is to define the artist’s relationship to truth and to demonstrate how, from within the correctness of the artistic process, life can be meaningfully understood.

*** Review: ‘How Star Wars Conquered The Universe,’ By Chris Taylor ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/review-how-star-wars-conquered-the-universe-by-chris-taylor/2014/10/09/6cd5afa2-32bc-11e4-8f02-03c644b2d7d0_story.html?wprss=rss_books>
Mike Musgrove, Washington Post

> In some ways, “How Star Wars Conquered the Universe” reminds me of the display case of the collector superfan who doesn’t have the heart to separate the rare items from the humdrum ones. After all, with “Star Wars,” sometimes less is more.

*** A Voice Of A Generation: Lena Dunham's 'Not That Kind Of Girl' ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/books/review/lena-dunham-memoir-not-that-kind-of-girl-review.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Sloane Crosley, New York Times