[MyAppleMenu] Oct 10, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Oct 10 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Apple Confirms It Will Live-stream iPad Event ***
<http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-confirms-it-will-stream-16-october-ipad-event/>
Luke Westaway, CNET

> Apple has confirmed it will stream its 16 October event, giving eager spectators the chance to watch the tech giant unveil its latest gadgets as it happens.

*** Apple Partner Wants To Wind Down Sapphire Production ***
<http://online.wsj.com/articles/apple-gt-advanced-in-secret-session-with-bankruptcy-judge-1412877271>
Peg Brickley, Wall Street Journal

> After a closed session with Apple and GT on Thursday, Judge Henry Boroff ruled the two companies can keep the details of their arrangement confidential. Judge Boroff also authorized GT Advanced to seal court papers that explain what went wrong in the financing and supply arrangement with Apple, GT’s largest creditor and once its potentially largest customer.

*** Cinamatic Is First Video App Fully Integrated With iOS 8'S Manual Camera Controls ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/10/cinamatic-is-first-video-app-fully-integrated-with-ios-8s-manual-camera-controls>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Cinamatic on iOS 8 now offers manual controls for adjusting focus, exposure, white balance, shutter speed, and ISO sensitivity during video recording. These are in addition to the app’s already existing controls for adjusting the intensity, contrast, saturation and brightness of the applied filter.

*** Weebly Now Lets You Easily Create Websites From Start To Publish With Its New iPad App ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/10/weebly-now-lets-you-easily-create-websites-from-start-to-publish-with-its-new-ipad-app>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** News Republic Challenging Established iOS News Apps ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/10/09/news-republic-challenging-established-ios-news-apps/>
Mel Martin, TUAW

> The app claims to have an advanced algorithm with semantic and learning intelligence, reviewing millions of news items to create a news feed for each specific reader based on his or her interests in stories.

*** A Leather-clad Robotic Core ***
<http://sixcolors.com/post/2014/10/a-leather-clad-robotic-core/>
Jason Snell, Six Colors

> I have always appreciated using my iPhones as they were born, a naked robotic core with no adornment. And I’ve never dropped one. But I’ve been using an Apple iPhone 6 leather case for the last couple of weeks, and really liking it.

*** The Download Heard 'Round The World: iTunes Numbers Show 81 Million 'Experienced' U2 Album ***
<http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6274359/itunes-numbers-u2-songs-innocence-album?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=biz_breakingnews&utm_campaign=Breaking%20News>
Shirley Halperin, Billboard

*** Stop Videos Disappearing From Messages App In iOS By Disabling Auto-Delete ***
<http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/09/change-auto-video-message-removal-ios/>
OS X Daily

*** Carbon Copy Cloner 4.0 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/15135?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> Sporting a redesigned interface and architecture, Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) adds many user-requested features.

*** The Scary Side Of Touch ID ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2824225/the-scary-side-of-touch-id.html#tk.twt_macworld>
Glenn Fleishman, Macworld

*** Cinamatic 1.5 Adds Support For Manual Camera Controls ***
<http://www.imore.com/cinamatic-15-adds-support-manual-camera-controls?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter>
Joseph Keller, iMore

*** Skype Launches Redesigned Mac App Ahead Of OS X Yosemite ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/09/skype-launches-redesigned-mac-app-ahead-of-os-x-yosemite/>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

> Skype today has begun rolling out a redesigned version of its Mac client, bringing an enhanced look that better fits the upcoming design aesthetic of OS X Yosemite. The new design also brings the Mac app more in line with the recently redesigned iPhone and iPod touch version of Skype.

*** Birds Near Me ***
<http://kottke.org/14/10/birds-near-me>
Jason Kottke, Kottke.org

*** “Serial”: The Podcast We’ve Been Waiting For ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/culture/sarah-larson/serial-podcast-weve-waiting?utm_source=tny&utm_campaign=generalsocial&utm_medium=twitter&mbid=social_twitter>
Sarah Larson, New Yorker