[MyAppleMenu] Nov 20, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Nov 20 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Microsoft OneNote For iPhone And iPad Will Finally Sync In The Background ***
<http://www.imore.com/microsoft-onenote-iphone-and-ipad-will-finally-sync-background>
Richard Devine, iMore

*** iPhone 6 Plus Pixel Peeping ***
<http://oleb.net/blog/2014/11/iphone-6-plus-screen/>
Ole Begemann

> As developers, the best way to deal with the situation is probably to ignore it. Just do what Apple recommends and treat the iPhone 6 Plus as a 414×736 at 3× device and you’re gonna be fine in all but the most extreme corner cases.

*** The Mac’s Second Act: From Obscurity To Ubiquity ***
<http://recode.net/2014/11/19/the-macs-second-act-from-obscurity-to-ubiquity/>
Walt Mossberg, Re/code

> I attribute the rebirth of the Mac to three main factors: Steve Jobs, the Internet, and blunders by Microsoft.

*** Things For iPhone And iPad Is Available For Free From The App Store Until November 28 ***
<http://www.imore.com/things-iphone-and-ipad-available-free-app-store-week>
Harish Jonnalagadda, iMore

> Things for Mac is also getting a price reduction, and is now available for $34.99, down from its usual price of $49.99.

*** There’s No Such Thing As A Get Lunch (Or App) ***
<http://sixcolors.com/post/2014/11/theres-no-such-thing-as-a-get-lunch-or-app/>
Jason Snell, Six Colors

> Apple today has apparently done a giant search-and-replace on the App Store to replace the word FREE with the word GET. This is apparently related to an EU ruling that it’s misleading to call apps with in-app purchases “free”.

*** The Secret Life Of Passwords ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/magazine/the-secret-life-of-passwords.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Ian Urbina, New York Times