[MyAppleMenu] Nov 19, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Nov 19 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Adobe Launches Lightroom 5.7 With Built-In Migration Tool For Aperture And iPhoto ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/19/adobe-lightroom-5-7-migration-aperture-iphoto/>
Richard Padilla, MacRumors

*** 11 Things We Just Learned About How The Apple Watch Works ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/18/7243085/most-important-apple-watchkit-discoveries>
Ross Miller, The Verge

*** Apple Cracks Down On Notification Center Widgets, Says 'Neato' Must Remove Note Taking Feature ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/18/apple-cracks-down-on-neato/?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+loopinsight%2FKqJb+(The+Loop)&utm_content=FeedBurner>
Juli Clover, MacRumors

> Apple is cracking down on Notification Center widgets in iOS once again, this time telling Neato that its note taking widget is unacceptable and will need to be removed due to the fact that it includes a keyboard.

*** What You Need To Know About WatchKit ***
<http://www.imore.com/what-you-need-know-about-watchkit>
Serenity Caldwell, iMore

*** The Apple Watch Screens Have A Resolution Of 390X312 And 340X272 ***
<http://www.imore.com/apple-watch-screens-have-resolution-390x312-and-340x272>
Derek Kessler, iMore

*** Apple Seeds iOS 8.2 With WatchKit SDK For Apple Watch Apps To Developers ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/18/apple-watchkit-ios-8-2/>
Juli Clover, MacRumors

> Apple today announced that its set of WatchKit development tools are now available for developers, allowing them to begin creating apps and software for the company's upcoming Apple Watch.
> WatchKit is being released as part of the iOS 8.2 and Xcode 6.2 beta, both of which have been made available to developers today.

*** Review: Vellum 1.2 Brings Ebook Creation Into The 21St Century ***
<http://www.imore.com/review-vellum-12-brings-ebook-creation-21st-century>
Serenity Caldwell, iMore

> Vellum 1.2 takes every single one of these headaches and tranquilizes them out of existence.

*** Apple Will Soon Let Third-party Products Use Its Lightning Port, Opening Up New Possibilities For Accessories ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/11/18/apple-mfi-summit-third-party-products-lightning-port-new-accessories/>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

> Last week at Apple’s yearly briefing for accessory makers in its Made-for-iPhone/iPad (MFi) licensing program, the company unveiled new Lightning connectors and specs for Lightning receptacles that will soon be available for implementation in MFi accessories. The new Lightning receptacle, scheduled to start shipping next year, will allow accessory makers to build new types of accessories that include a port for Apple’s proprietary Lightning connector previously reserved for its own iOS devices.

*** Read This And Feel Better – How Inspirational Guff Invaded Our Lives ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/18/inspirational-quote-business-read-feel-better?CMP=twt_gu>
Paula Cocozza, The Guardian