[MyAppleMenu] Nov 3, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Nov 3 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Starwood Hotels Begins Rollout Of iPhone/Apple Watch Virtual Room Keys, Hilton To Follow ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/11/03/starwood-hotels-begins-rollout-of-iphoneapple-watch-virtual-room-keys-hilton-to-follow-video/>
Ben Lovejoy, 9 To 5 Mac

> The service goes live today at three Starwood brands: Aloft, Element and The W.

*** What To Do When iCloud Keychain Fails To Sync ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2841808/what-to-do-when-icloud-keychain-fails-to-sync.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** CloudPull 2.6.1 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/15205?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> Golden Hill Software has released CloudPull 2.6.1 with a big change — the Google data backup application will no longer be available through the Mac App Store.

*** Tomb Raider ***
<http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=1272>
Ted Bade, Inside Mac Games

*** iTunes 12 Review: New Interface And Features Tested ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/audio/itunes-12-review-3525162/>
Lou Hattersley, Macworld UK

> The media management side of iTunes remains as stable as ever, and I like the new interface. It’s a shame that the story about iTunes has become what it’s missing out on, rather than what it features. Music has, for most people, always been a social experience and iTunes is sorely missing out on social interaction aspects of rivals like Spotify. Apple iTunes is a very lonely place to listen to music if you’ve used Spotify for a while.

*** Rego 2.1 Brings Folders, Smart Collections And More To Popular Location-bookmarking App ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/11/rego-2-1-brings-folders-smart-collections-and-more-to-popular-location-bookmarking-app>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Apple Retail SVP Angela Ahrendts: Apple Watch Launching In “Spring,” After Chinese New Year ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/11/02/apple-retail-svp-angela-ahrendts-apple-watch-launching-in-spring/>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

> Ahrendts stated the timeframe to retail employees in a video message, a transcript of which was provided by a source. While explaining that employees need to conserve energy for upcoming shopping seasons, Ahrendts stated, “we’re going into the holidays, we’ll go into Chinese New Year, and then we’ve got a new watch launch coming in the spring:”

The first day of Chinese New Year falls on 19th February, 2015. It's the Year of the Goat.

*** The Internet’s First Family ***
<http://penguinrandomhouse.ca/hazlitt/longreads/internets-first-family?Src=longreads&utm_content=buffer9ef91&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer>
Stephen Thomas, Hazlitt

> MetaFilter began in 1999 as a sort of humane proto-Reddit. Why did a site for sharing "best of the web" links become a place where strangers help each other in real life in extraordinary ways?

*** My Grandma The Poisoner ***
<http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/my-gandma-the-poisoner-0000474-v21n10>
John Reed, Vice