[MyAppleMenu] May 21, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed May 21 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Apple Schedules WWDC 2014 Keynote For Monday June 2, 10Am PT ***
<http://www.imore.com/apple-schedules-wwdc-2014-keynote-monday-june-2-10am-pt>
Rene Ritchie, iMore

*** Apple Releases WWDC 2014 App ***
<http://www.macstories.net/news/apple-releases-wwdc-2014-app/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> The WWDC 2014 app is available for free on the App Store, and it can be used by attendees to browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events, but, for developers who weren't selected for a ticket by Apple's lottery system, the app will also provide a handy way to view session videos (which will be uploaded throughout the week) and sync video playback across devices using iCloud.

*** The Desktop And The Developer ***
<http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/31714.html?_sm_au_=iVVP8JNsnRPTQMfM>
Matthew Garrett

> Apple and Microsoft may spend significant amounts of effort on improving developer tooling, but they're mostly doing so for developers who are targeting their platforms. A desktop environment that made it easier to perform generic development would be a unique selling point.

*** Four Window Management Options For OS X ***
<http://www.macissues.com/2014/05/20/four-window-management-options-for-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, MacIssues

> There are several third-party window-management tools for OS X, that can be used to augment Apple’s built-in functions, and especially make use of functions with somewhat ambiguous uses, such as the green Zoom button next to the standard Close, and Minimize buttons on OS X windows.

*** Adobe Updates Photoshop Touch For The iPhone, Brings Quick Selection Tool And New Brushes ***
<http://www.imore.com/adobe-updates-photoshop-touch-iphone-brings-quick-selection-tool-and-new-brushes>
Simon Sage, iMore

*** Apple Updates iWork For iCloud Beta With ePub, CSV Exports And More ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2157030/apple-updates-iwork-for-icloud-beta-with-epub-csv-exports-and-more.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Moren, Macworld

> You can now have up to 100 collaborators in a single document at the same time—which hopefully won’t be too confusing—and you can choose from almost 200 new fonts. There are also additional options in the color panel, and you can finally create and format both 2D and interactive charts.

*** Apple Negotiating Paid Interconnect Deals With ISPs For Their Own CDN ***
<http://blog.streamingmedia.com/2014/05/apple-negotiating-paid-interconnect-deals-with-isps-for-their-own-cdn.html>
Dan Rayburn, StreamingMediaBlog.com

> Apple is currently negotiating paid interconnection deals with some of the largest ISPs in the U.S. I’m not going to disclose which ISPs they are talking to and what deals they have already done, but it’s interesting to note that with all the talk lately of net neutrality, peering and interconnect relationships, Apple isn’t out in the market making any complaints.

*** Ha! The Science Of When We Laugh And Why By Scott Weems, And Humour By Noël Carroll – Review ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/may/21/ha-science-when-we-laugh-scott-weems-humour-noel-carroll-review>
Steven Poole, The Guardian