[MyAppleMenu] May 19, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon May 19 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** How To Shoot Anything On Your iPhone ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2155340/how-to-shoot-anything-on-your-iphone.html#tk.rss_all>
Lauren Crabbe, Macworld

> Here are a few common situations and some tips on how to photograph them successfully. We emphasize basic approaches, but don’t be afraid to get creative and capture something unique.

*** How To Make Mac Dashboard Useful: Install New Widgets And Turn Dashboard Into A Games And Music Centre ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-make-mac-dashboard-useful-3517197/>
Lou Hattersley, Macworld UK

> The Mac OS X Dashboard isn’t the most popular feature ever introduced into the Apple Mac. Dashboard is not hated, so much, as mostly ignored. Most people don’t use Dashboard anymore. This is a shame, because with a bit of thought you can make Dashboard really useful again.

*** Why Airplane Food Is So Bad ***
<http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/05/the-evolution-of-airplane-food/371076/>
Julie Beck, The Atlantic

> A reduced sense of taste in the air makes meals less enjoyable, and innovation is wanting as food has been phased out as an essential part of the airline experience.

*** No Time ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/books/2014/05/26/140526crbo_books_kolbert>
Elizabeth Kolbert, New Yorker

> How did we get so busy?

*** A Neurotic Writer Aboard The USS George H.W. Bush ***
<http://www.salon.com/2014/05/18/a_neurotic_writer_aboard_the_uss_george_h_w_bush/>
Laura Miller, Salon

> What happens when a fussy, self-conscious Brit spends two weeks on an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf.

*** Sega And Nintendo Wage Battle That Was No Game ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/19/books/console-wars-a-gaming-industry-clash-by-blake-j-harris.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Chris Suellentrop, New York Times