[MyAppleMenu] Mar 27, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Mar 27 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** BlinkMail Brings A Mailbox-Like Email Triage Experience To Mac Users ***
<http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/26/blinkmail-brings-a-mailbox-like-email-triage-experience-to-mac-users/>
Sarah Perez, TechCrunch

> Though competing in the same general space as other OS X mail clients like Sparrow or Airmail, what makes BlinkMail interesting is that its main focus is on email triage. Its user interface is inspired by gesture-based mobile apps like Mailbox, letting you quickly move through your message list by taking decisive actions, like archive, delete, reply or even send to Evernote or Dropbox, for example.

*** Filemaker Pro 13 Continues To Dominate On OS X And iOS ***
<http://www.zdnet.com/filemaker-pro-13-continues-to-dominate-on-os-x-and-ios-7000027752/>
Jason D. O'Grady, ZDNet

> New features in FileMaker Pro 13 include enhanced design and development tools such as custom themes, styles, a field picker, and the ability to control object visibility. If you're just getting started with FileMaker development, you'll appreciate its improved starter solutions that allow you to get up and running quickly.

*** Readly Brings Its On-demand Digital Magazines To The UK ***
<http://www.imore.com/readly-brings-its-demand-digital-magazines-uk>
Richard Devine, iMore

> For a monthly fee of £9.99, Readly will give you on-demand access to hundreds of different magazines every month on iOS, Android and Windows 8.

*** VirtualBox Squashes Major Bugs, Adds Experimental Native Full-screen Support To OS X ***
<http://betanews.com/2014/03/26/virtualbox-squashes-major-bugs-adds-experimental-native-full-screen-support-to-os-x/>
Nick Peers, Beta News

*** Facebook 8.0 For iOS Review: Is The Facebook App For iPad And iPhone Worth Downloading? ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/social-networking/facebook-80-for-ios-review-3508667/>
Lou Hattersley, Macworld UK

> On the whole Facebook 8.0 for iPad and iPhone is a good step forward. The selective sharing features are an important addition to Facebook. Especially as Facebook has become such a part of our everyday life. Facebook for iPad and iPhone is a slick and clean app that is easy to use.

*** Review: Manage Contacts With VIPorbit For iPad ***
<http://www.techrepublic.com/article/review-manage-contacts-with-viporbit-for-ipad/>
Will Kelly, TechRepublic

*** Princes Street Apple Store Secret Betrayed By Note ***
<http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/princes-street-apple-store-secret-betrayed-by-note-1-3353767>
Evening Edinburgh News

> Technology giant Apple has painstakingly guarded any news of the imminent opening of its first Capital store, refusing to confirm that it even has plans to open an outlet in Edinburgh, despite months of fevered speculation. But a notice directing workers to a trade entrance of the building on Princes Street has given the game away to eagle-eyed passers-by.

*** Twitter 6.3 Brings Photo Tagging, Lets You Tweet Up To Four Pictures At Once ***
<http://www.imore.com/twitter-63-brings-photo-tagging-lets-you-tweet-four-pics-once>
Joseph Keller, iMore

*** The Spirit Of Youth ***
<http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article03251401.aspx>