[MyAppleMenu] Jun 23, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Jun 23 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Treating A Processor-hogging Chrome Browser ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2365770/treating-a-processor-hogging-chrome-browser.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** Apple's New Madrid Store Is A Gift Of History ***
<http://www.forbes.com/sites/garydallen/2014/06/22/apples-new-madrid-store-is-a-gift-of-history/>
Gary Allen, Forbes

> They were reportedly the only company with the money, expertise and motivation to bring back much of the building’s original heritage and put it on display for the public.

*** Ulysses III Review: Document Writing And Management In One ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2366151/ulysses-iii-review-document-writing-and-management-in-one.html#tk.rss_all>
Macworld

> It’s an excellent tool for writing in Markdown, and its organizational features—the sidebar, folders, and filters—make it a great app for those who write a lot and want to have quick access to everything they’ve written.

*** How To Put Lyrics Into iTunes ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-put-lyrics-into-itunes-3526353/>
Martyn Casserly, Macworld UK

*** Book Review: ‘Shirley,’ By Susan Scarf Merrell ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/book-review-shirley-by-susan-scarf-merrell/2014/06/22/fe3ccaf0-cfa9-11e3-a6b1-45c4dffb85a6_story.html>
Carol Memmott, Washington Post

> If the Internet had existed in 1948, it’s a sure bet that the reaction to Shirley Jackson’s most famous short story would have gone viral. Instead, after its publication in the New Yorker, “The Lottery” provoked a record number of readers to write letters to the magazine, many proclaiming their revulsion for the story’s premise: a village’s annual stoning rite.

*** C.S. Lewis On The Three Ways Of Writing For Children And The Key To Authenticity In All Writing ***
<http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2014/06/18/c-s-lewis-writing-for-children/>
Maria Popva, Brain Pickings

> “The only moral that is of any value is that which arises inevitably from the whole cast of the author’s mind.”

*** If The World Began Again, Would Life As We Know It Exist? ***
<http://nautil.us/issue/14/mutation/if-the-world-began-again-would-life-as-we-know-it-exist?src=longreads>
Zach Zorich, Nautilus

> Experiments in evolution are exploring what would happen if we rewound the tape of life.

*** Baptism By Fire ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/06/22/nyregion/rookie-new-york-firefighter-faces-first-test.html?_r=1>
N. R. Kleinfield, New York Times