[MyAppleMenu] Jun 22, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Jun 22 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Apple’s Crackdown On Incentivizing App Installs Means Marketers Need New Tricks ***
<http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/21/apples-crackdown-on-incentivizing-app-installs-means-marketers-need-new-tricks/>
James Connelly, VentureBeat

*** Why Icelanders Are Wary Of Elves Living Beneath The Rocks ***
<http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27907358>
Emma Jane Kirby, BBC

> From his desk at the Icelandic highways department in Reykjavik, Petur Matthiasson smiles at me warmly from behind his glasses, but firmly.
> "Let's get this straight before we start - I do not believe in elves," he says.

*** The Secret History Of Numbers: How Math Shapes Our Lives In Amazing, Unpredictable Ways ***
<http://www.salon.com/2014/06/21/the_secret_history_of_numbers_how_math_shapes_our_lives_in_amazing_unpredictable_ways/>
Alex Bellos, Salon

> The relationship between people and numbers is so much more fascinating than simple dollars and cents.

*** Book Review: 'The Professor And The Siren' By Giuseppe Tomasi Di Lampedusa ***
<http://online.wsj.com/articles/book-review-the-professor-and-the-siren-by-giuseppe-tomasi-di-lampedusa-1403324877>
Nathaniel Popkin, Wall Street Journal