[MyAppleMenu] Jan 26, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Jan 26 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Review: 'Pac-Man' Takes A Bite Out Out Of The App Store ***
<http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/saltzman/2014/01/26/pac-man-app-review/4720005/>
Marc Saltzman, USA Today

> While you won't get all of the new content in this game without some in-app purchases, Namco Bandai Games' new <i>Pac-Man</i> at the App Store is ideal for those who fondly remember the ghost-chasing action of the '80s — and it might just charm a new generation of players, too.

*** iTunes Store Wish List Now Visible In iTunes Library ***
<http://www.mcelhearn.com/itunes-store-wish-list-now-visible-in-itunes-library/>
Kirk McElhearn, Kirkville

*** Enhanced Presenter Display Options ***
<http://randsinrepose.com/links/2014/01/25/enhanced-presenter-display-options/>
Rands In Repose

> Not sure what annoys me the most: the useless description of the feature, the absence of any legit reporting on said useless feature, or the fact this really isn’t a feature. It’s a button.

*** Apple’s Tim Cook On NSA, What’s Next As Mac Turns 30 ***
<http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2014/01/exclusive-apples-tim-cook-on-nsa-whats-next-as-mac-turns-30/>
ABC News

> “From my point of view, number one, we need to be significantly more transparent,” he told ABC News’ David Muir in an exclusive interview. “We need to say what data is being given, how many people it affects, how many accounts are affected. We need to be clear and we have a gag order on us right now, and so, we can’t say those things.”

*** Mac At 30 ***
<http://www.stephenfry.com/2014/01/24/mac-at-30/single-page/>
Stephen Fry

> What cannot be denied is that the first Macintosh changed my life completely. It made me <i>want</i> to write, I couldn’t wait to get to it every morning.

*** Book Review: "Lives In Writing" By David Lodge ***
<http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/book-review-lives-in-writing-by-david-lodge-9083034.html>
DJ Taylor, The Independent

> Art that rises from personal debris.

*** Reviewing Reviews Of Reviews — Where Will It All End? ***
<http://www.spectator.co.uk/books/books-feature/9120471/lives-in-writing-by-david-lodge-review/>
Sam Leith, The Spectator