[MyAppleMenu] Jan 20, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Jan 20 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Elgato EyeTV Netstream 4Sat Review: DVB-S2 HD TV Tuner ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/video/elgato-eyetv-netstream-4sat-review-3497900/>
David Denyer, Macworld UK

> The promise of watching up to four different HDTV channels at any one time on your choice of Mac, Windows PC, phone or tablet is certainly tempting. Especially with the ability to record, edit and archive recordings to your media library. That’s exactly what Elgato’s latest product, the EyeTV Netstream 4Sat, can provide.

*** MemoZy For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch Review ***
<http://www.technologytell.com/apple/129593/memozy-for-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-touch-review/>
Charles Moore, TechnologyTell

*** Hands-on With The Free iWriters Text Editor For iOS ***
<http://www.technologytell.com/apple/129561/hands-on-with-the-free-iwriters-text-editor-for-ios/>
Charles Moore, TechnologyTell

*** How To Sync iBooks Across Multiple Apple Devices ***
<http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/01/19/how-to-sync-ibooks-across-multiple-apple-devices/>
Craig Lloyd, Gotta Be Mobile

*** Apple's New Mac Pro As A Server Platform? ***
<http://www.zdnet.com/apples-new-mac-pro-as-a-server-platform-7000025336/>
David Morgenstern, ZDNet

*** Mac Screen Recorder 2.0 Gets Picture-in-picture Effects, More ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/mac-screen-recorder-2-0-gets-picture-in-picture-effects-more/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

*** Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14443?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 now preserves media files if an external volume is disconnected while consolidating a library. The update resolves an issue loading content into the Music and Sound Browser, as well as a stability issue when applying a Motion effect with Scroll Text behavior.

*** How I Stopped Procrastinating ***
<http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/how-i-stopped-procrastinating/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_r=1&_type=blogs&>
Merrill Markoe, New York Times

> I learned something about a year ago that I wish I’d learned much sooner. And it happened only after I woke up one morning and couldn’t walk. An X-ray revealed that my hip cartilage had made a unilateral decision to jump ship. I liked my hip cartilage. I thought we’d be together forever.

*** No, Jane Austen Was Not A Game Theorist ***
<http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116170/jane-austen-game-theorist-michael-suk-young-chwe-joke>
William Deresiewicz, New Republic

> Using science to explain art is a good way to butcher both.

*** Fan Friction ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/television/2014/01/27/140127crte_television_nussbaum>
Emily Nussbaum, New Yorker

> “Sherlock” and its audiences.