[MyAppleMenu] Feb 6, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Feb 6 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Review: 10 JavaScript Editors And IDEs Put To The Test ***
<http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/review-10-javascript-editors-and-ides-put-the-test-235662>
Martin Heller, InfoWorld

*** Turn Off Bluetooth To Fix AirPlay Mirroring Bug In OS X ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57618417-263/turn-off-bluetooth-to-fix-airplay-mirroring-bug-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

*** S.F. Officials Like Redesigned Apple Store On Union Square ***
<http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/S-F-officials-like-redesigned-Apple-Store-on-5209000.php>
John Wildermuth, San Franciso Chronicle

> Despite the drawings already done by the renowned architectural firm of Foster + Partners, which is also designing Apple's circular "spaceship" headquarters in Cupertino, the company quickly responded to complaints and added an 8-foot-wide window to the Stockton Street wall. The new design not only keeps the Asawa fountain, but also makes it the centerpiece of an enlarged plaza designed to attract walkers and visitors to the Union Square area. A door on Stockton Street now takes customers in and out through the plaza.

*** Apple Boots Blockchain, Another Bitcoin Wallet App, Out Of Its App Store ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/02/apple-boots-blockchain-another-bitcoin-wallet-app-out-of-its-app-store>
Joe White, AppAdvice

*** Stellar Launches Version 3 Of Its Cloning Utility, Stellar Drive Clone, For Mac OS X ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/stellar-launches-version-3-of-its-cloning-utility-stellar-drive-clone-for-mac-os-x/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

*** How Did The iPhone 5S Film A Burberry Fashion Show? Apple Shows Us! ***
<http://www.imore.com/how-did-iphone-5s-film-burberry-fashion-show-apple-shows-us>
Rene Ritchie, iMore

*** Apple Confirms: First Retail Store In Brazil To Open On Feb. 15 ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/02/apple-confirms-first-retail-store-in-brazil-to-open-on-feb-15>
Joe White, AppAdvice

> Apple’s first Brazilian retail store is located in the Barra da Tijuca district of Rio de Janeiro, in the high end VillageMall shopping center.

*** Collect And Share GIFs In Dropbox With GIFwrapped ***
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/collect-and-share-gifs-in-dropbox-with-gifwrapped/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> GIFwrapped was created for “GIF lovers”, and it shows. The app does one thing well, it’s got convenient sharing options and Dropbox sync, and it’s Universal for the iPhone and iPad so your GIFs will always be with you.

*** Quantified Self: The Algorithm Of Life ***
<http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/art-books/quantified-self-the-algorithm-of-life/#.UvOEeXm71lJ>
Josh Cohen, Prospect

> Will the search for self-knowledge through numbers bring greater self-awareness or drive us to ultimate distraction?

*** The Accident That Killed Me ***
<http://www.salon.com/2014/02/04/the_accident_that_killed_me/>
Su Meck, Salon

> Thanks to a freak occurrence, I remember nothing of my first 22 years. The person I had been is lost and gone.

*** Woody Allen V. Dylan Farrow ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2014/02/woody_allen_v_dylan_farrow_the_court_of_public_opinion_is_now_in_session.html>
Dahlia Lithwick, Slate