[MyAppleMenu] Feb 5, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Feb 5 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Abbyy FineReader Pro (For Mac) ***
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2430295,00.asp>
Edward Mendelson, PC Magazine

> FineReader Pros' OCR engine outclasses anything else available, and its overall design is clean, efficient, and fast.

*** The Johnson & Johnson Official 7 Minute Workout App (For iPhone) ***
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2430297,00.asp>
Jill Duffy, PC Magazine

> A medium-intensity Johnson & Johnson workout can include jumping jacks, pushups, wall chair, high-knee running in place, crunches, plank, side plank, tricep dips using a chair, and a few other moves. It's a lot to pack into seven minutes, but Johnson & Johnson gets it done.

*** Tomb Raider Review: A Return To The Origins Of Lara Croft In This Reboot Of The Tomb Raider Series ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/games/tomb-raider-review-3500545/>
Jon Carr, Macworld UK

*** Improve Your iPhone's Bedside Manner With This Quick Do Not Disturb Tip ***
<http://www.imore.com/improve-your-iphones-bedside-manner-quick-do-not-disturb-tip>
Kevin Michaluk, iMore

> Not perfect, but at least you don't have to remember to turn it off in the morning.

*** Adobe Releases Critical Security Update For Flash Exploit ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/02/04/shocker-adobe-releases-critical-security-update-for-flash-exploit/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Evernote For Mac Gets Descriptive Search With Natural Language Support ***
<http://www.macstories.net/news/evernote-for-mac-gets-descriptive-search-with-natural-language-support/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Descriptive search is, essentially, a refined interface for Evernote’s existing search system, which has long enabled users to find notes by combining tokens in the search menu. Instead of clicking to choose search options and combine them, you can now type commands such as “notes created this month” or “notes with images and created this year” and Evernote will display a suggestion based on matching search results for your account.

*** MagSafe Won’t Charge A MacBook? It’s Probably A Simple Fix ***
<http://osxdaily.com/2014/02/04/magsafe-wont-charge-mac-fix/>
OS X Daily

*** Microsoft Names Nadella New CEO, Gates Steps Down As Board Chairman ***
<http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/02/microsoft-names-insider-as-new-ceo-gates-steps-down-from-chair/>
Sean Gallagher, Ars Technica

*** In The End, It All Adds Up To – 1/12 ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/04/science/in-the-end-it-all-adds-up-to.html>
Dennis Oberbye, New York Times

> This is what happens when you mess with infinity.

*** I Left New York For LA Because Creativity Requires The Freedom To Fail ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/feb/03/leave-new-york-for-los-angeles>
Moby, The Guardian

> New York is about success. Maybe that's why it's no longer the world's cultural capital.

*** Is It Possible To Degrade And Exploit Your At-Home Sexbot? ***
<http://www.psmag.com/navigation/nature-and-technology/possible-degrade-exploit-home-sexbot-73592/?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email>
Cody Delistraty, Pacific Standard