[MyAppleMenu] Dec 26, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Dec 26 18:59:01 EST 2014

*** Oyster: It’s Netflix For The Bookworm ***
<http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/features/weekend/3641848-app-review-oyster-its-netflix-bookworm>
Samantha Lefebvre, Duluth News Tribune

> If you’re in a book club or just want to check more books off of your neverending “must read” list, then this app is for you. At the very least, sign up for the free trial and check it out for yourself.

*** Cleaning Coffee (And Other Spills) Off A Keyboard ***
<http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/cleaning_coffee_and_other_spills_keyboard>
Mac Life

*** Five Great iPhone And iPad Games The Entire Family Can Play This Christmas! ***
<http://www.imore.com/five-great-ios-games-entire-family-can-play-christmas>
Peter Cohen, iMore

> There are tons of multiplayer games on the App Store, but far fewer that really encourage families to play together on the same device. So I've come up with a bunch of games that are fun to play and family friendly: You can pass (or crowd) around a single iPhone or iPad for some fun in the living room without needing to worry about getting online or connecting through Game Center.

*** Got An iPhone 6? Do These 10 Things First ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2686003/got-an-iphone-6-do-these-10-things-first.html#tk.rss_all>
Susie Ochs, Macworld

*** Book Review: ‘The Iris Fan,’ A Thriller By Laura Joh Rowland ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/book-review-the-iris-fan-a-thriller-by-laura-joh-rowland/2014/12/25/4ba5d4de-7ee2-11e4-9f38-95a187e4c1f7_story.html>
Maureen Corrigan, Washington Post

> In addition to intricate plotting, Rowland’s consistent strength throughout her series has been the authority she brings to her portraits of her idiosyncratic characters and their world.

*** Did You Hear The One About North Korea? ***
<http://digg.com/2014/north-koreas-biggest-export>
Craig Silverman, Digg