[MyAppleMenu] Dec 18, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Dec 18 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Judge Keeps Steve Jobs Video Testimony From Public Release ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/17/7413247/judge-keeps-steve-jobs-video-testimony-from-public-release>
Josh Lowensohn, The Verge

> In a ruling today, US district court judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers said that the video should be treated just like any other testimony in that particular federal circuit, and thus unable to be made public as a recording.

*** Tim Cook Praises Apple’s Accomplishments, Reveals $20 Million (PRODUCT)RED Donation In Holiday Email ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/17/20-million-product-red/>
Mike Beasley, 9 To 5 Mac

> Apple CEO Tim Cook sent a company-wide email today recapping the year’s accomplishments and looking forward to 2015. Cook praises the “most innovative lineup ever” and expresses his pride in the hard work his employees have put into each product.

*** Apple To Instate Country-specific App Taxes In EU Starting Jan. 1 ***
<http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/12/17/apple-to-instate-country-specific-app-taxes-in-eu-starting-jan-1>
Mikey Campbell, AppleInsider

*** Drafts Gets Its Today Widget Back ***
<http://www.macstories.net/linked/drafts-gets-its-today-widget-back/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

*** Apple Shares Behind-the-scenes Video Of Its Holiday Ad “The Song” ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/17/apple-the-story-behind-the-song-ad/>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Apple Reminds Developers About 64-Bit iOS App Store Requirement, App Updates Now Must Also Comply By June ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/17/apple-reminds-developers-about-64-bit-ios-app-store-requirement-app-updates-now-must-also-comply-by-june/>
Benjamin Mayo, 9 To 5 Mac

> Updates to existing apps must be made 64-bit compatible by June 1, 2015. After that date, any submissions of only 32-bit apps will be rejected by App Review.

*** My Must-Have iPad Apps, 2014 Edition ***
<http://www.macstories.net/roundups/my-must-have-ipad-apps-2014-edition-2/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Over the past two and a half years, my workflow has become increasingly iOS-centric. Changes in my personal and professional life have convinced me that iOS is the best platform for me, with a rich ecosystem of apps that allow me to work faster and more efficiently no matter where I am. This year, my iPad has essentially replaced my MacBook Air, which I now primarily use to watch movies and record podcasts.

*** Giving Stephen Hawking A Voice ***
<http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2015/01/features/giving-hawking-a-voice?Src=longreads>
Joao Medeiros, Wired UK

> "The more we observed him and listened to his concerns, the more it dawned on us that what he was really asking, in addition to improving how fast he could communicate, was for new features that would let him interact better with his computer," says Nachman.

*** In Layered Fiction And Wry Notes To Mom, A Cosmic Genius Distilled ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/books/the-david-foster-wallace-reader-a-compilation.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Janet Maslin, New York Times

> The time is right for “The David Foster Wallace Reader,” an anthology meant to serve different purposes for different readers.

*** How To Hide Past iTunes Purchases ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/technology/personaltech/how-to-hide-past-itunes-purchases.html>
J.D. Biersdorfer, New York Times