[MyAppleMenu] Dec 16, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Dec 16 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Workflow For iOS Review: An Awesome Mac-like App For Our post-PC Devices ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2859939/workflow-for-ios-review-an-awesome-mac-like-app-for-our-post-pc-devices.html#tk.rss_all>
Michael Simon, Macworld

> With a style and simplicity all its own, Workflow brings desktop-level automation to the iPhone and iPad.

*** Electronic Arts Officially Launches SimCity BuildIt On The App Store Worldwide ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/12/electronic-arts-officially-launches-simcity-buildit-on-the-app-store-worldwide>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** U.S. Faces Tough Questions In Apple E-Books Antitrust Appeal ***
<http://recode.net/2014/12/15/u-s-faces-tough-questions-in-apple-e-books-antitrust-appeal/>
Nate Raymond, Reuters

> In arguments before the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York, some judges appeared sympathetic to Apple’s contention that it engaged in pro-competitive conduct when in 2010 it entered an e-books market largely dominated by Amazon. Amazon at the time had a 90 percent market share.

*** How Broken Is Discovery On The App Store? This Broken. ***
<http://gedblog.com/2014/12/15/how-broken-is-discovery-on-the-app-store-this-broken/>
Gedeon Maheux

*** Amazon’s Kindle For iOS App Updated W/ Goodreads Integration, Audible Progressive Play, More ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/15/amazon-kindle-ios-update-goodreads-audible/>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

> Kindle for iOS now includes integration with Goodreads, the social cataloging service it bought last year, allowing readers users to share book progress and completion status, quotes, and more Kindle to Goodreads.

*** Disconnecting From iCloud Is Scarier Than It Should Be ***
<http://www.imore.com/why-does-apple-make-disconnecting-icloud-sound-so-scary>
Peter Cohen, iMore

> The problem is that Apple absolutely does as much as it can to dissuade users from iCloud — especially casual ones who may not understand a lot of technical intricacies that many of us take for granted. When you try, your Mac throws up a bunch of really scary messages.

*** Some Genius Bars Are Being Repurposed For The Holidays, But Other Changes Loom ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/15/genius-bars-repurposed-for-the-holidays-other-changes-loom/>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

> The repurposing for the holidays will only arrive in some stores depending on needs and traffic, with some stores scheduled to use the Genius Bar area to complete express sales and hold products scheduled for pick-up. Other changes, however, will go beyond the holidays as the stores under new retail chief Angela Ahrendts evolve to better deal with increased foot traffic.

*** Things That Make The Librarian Angry ***
<https://medium.com/message/things-that-make-the-librarian-angry-1d30cd27cf60>
Jessamyn West, Medium

> Enforcing artificial scarcity is a bad role for a public institution.

*** Ghosts Of Fast Food Past ***
<https://medium.com/re-form/ghosts-of-fast-food-past-2a03e55cb646>
Sarah Baird, Medium