[MyAppleMenu] Dec 13, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Dec 13 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Snapselect For Mac Solves A Major Nightmare For Photographers ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/12/12/snapselect-for-mac-solves-a-major-nightmare-for-photographers/?ncid=rss_truncated>
Mel Martin, TUAW

> The app finds your photos in folders, iPhoto, Lightroom, Aperture, and even on SD cards that are plugged into your computer.

*** Former iTunes Engineer Tells Court He Worked To Block Competitors ***
<http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-DGB-39421>
Jeff Elder, Wall Street Journal

> Apple argues – and Schultz agreed in court Friday – that it released many improvements to iTunes, and not isolated changes to stifle competition. Apple says the security measures that Schultz worked on were designed to protect its systems and users’ experience, which would have been compromised by other players and file formats.

*** Apple's Censorship Of Immigration Game Was A 'Misunderstanding,' Says Creator ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/12/7384187/papers-please-censorship-misunderstanding>
Andrew Webster, The Verge

> "Just talked to Apple," creator Lucas Pope tweeted today. "The initial rejection for porn was a misunderstanding on their part. They suggested I resubmit with the nudity option."

*** ‘Who We Be,’ By Jeff Chang ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/books/review/who-we-be-by-jeff-chang.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Tricia Rose, New York Times

> The dramatic changes spurred by the civil rights ­movement and other 1960s social upheavals are often chronicled as a time line of catalytic legal victories that ended anti-black segregation. Jeff Chang’s “Who We Be: The Colorization of America” claims that cultural changes were equally important in transforming American society, and that both the legal and cultural forms of desegregation faced a sustained hostile response that continues today.

*** Http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/books/review/j-by-howard-jacobson.html?partner=rss&emc=rss ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/books/review/j-by-howard-jacobson.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Matthew Specktor, New York Times

> So much of its complexity, pleasure and occasional difficulty stems from its sequence of omissions and its non-chronological presentation.

*** “We All Feel Sad, Big Bird”: When Sesame Street Confronted Death ***
<http://www.avclub.com/article/we-all-feel-sad-big-bird-when-sesame-street-confro-210997>
Molly Eichel, The A.V. Club

> As it mourned Mr. Hooper, the show found strength in honesty.

*** Inside The Collapse Of The New Republic ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/inside-collapse-new-republic>
Ryan Lizza, New Yorker

> Hughes addressed the group by speakerphone. “How are we going to produce the issue?” he asked.

*** The Case Of The Missing Nude ***
<https://medium.com/human-parts/the-case-of-the-missing-nude-256c18197df0>
Bruce Buschel, Medium