[MyAppleMenu] Dec 11, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Dec 11 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Wibbly-wobbly Apple ***
<http://macsparky.com/blog/2014/12/wibbly-wobbly-apple>
David Sparks, MacSparky

> How is this all happening in public? Regardless of whether or not Apple agrees with me about what developers can and can't do, somebody needs to decide, predictable standards should be identified, and we should move on.

*** Prospective Apple Pay Partner Alibaba Updates Alipay App With Touch ID Integration ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/12/prospective-apple-pay-partner-alibaba-updates-alipay-app-with-touch-id-integration>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Microsoft's MSN Suite Of Apps Are Now Available On iPhone And iPad ***
<http://www.imore.com/microsoft-launches-suite-msn-apps-ios>
Rich Edmonds, iMore

*** Fix Reverting Screensaver Settings In OS X ***
<http://www.macissues.com/2014/12/10/fix-reverting-screensaver-settings-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, MacIssues

*** Twitter Clients In 2014: An Exploration Of Tweetbot, Twitterrific, And Twitter For iOS ***
<http://www.macstories.net/stories/twitter-clients-in-2014/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> For the past six months, I’ve been reevaluating my entire Twitter experience based on the apps I use to read tweets and interact with people. The idea made a lot more sense once I stepped out of my preconceptions: I wanted to understand what 2014 Twitter was like and if that meant sacrificing my nerd cred and use a Muggle’s Twitter app, so be it. But at the same time, I’ve gone back and forth between Twitter and third-party clients, primarily out of habit, but also because they still offer powerful features and design details that I appreciate.

*** A Favorite iOS Tip: @@ Email Shortcuts ***
<http://danfrakes.com/2014/12/10/a-favorite-ios-tip-email-shortcuts/>
Dan Frakes

> The @ character is common to all email addresses, and when addressing an email message in iOS Mail, the @ key is on the main keyboard—you don’t need to switch to the number/symbol keyboard to access it. At the same time, no email address contains multiple @ characters, and none of my contacts have a name or other info containing multiple @ characters. So I’ve created shortcuts that are essentially sequences of the @ character.

*** The <i>New York Times</i>’ Obscene Profanity Policy ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2014/12/new_york_times_profanity_policy_what_s_more_important_to_the_paper_of_record.html>
Justin Peters, Slate

> What’s more important to the paper of record, reporting the news or protecting its readers’ delicate sensibilities?

*** The City That Is Moving Down The Road ***
<http://nextcity.org/features/view/the-city-that-is-moving-9-kilometers-down-the-road>
Feargus O'Sullivan, Next City