[MyAppleMenu] Dec 7, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Dec 7 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Racy App Available Again From Apple ***
<http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/education/livingston-county/2014/12/05/sexually-explicit-school-apps-removal-temporary/19956321/>
Amanda Whitesell, Lingston Daily

> The app stirring up cyberbullying concerns among Livingston County educators and parents has returned to the Apple App Store after developers complied with new demands, according to reports.
> Among the requirements was to change the app’s rating to “17+” and to add a button within the app to allow users to report inappropriate content.

*** Hundreds Line Up For Apple Store Grand opening ***
<http://www.toledoblade.com/business/2014/12/07/Hundreds-line-up-for-Apple-Store-grand-opening.html>
Chip Towns, The Blade

> Gee Pei came all the way from Hong Kong to be first in line for the grand opening of Toledo’s new Apple Store.

*** Is Now A Good Time To Switch To Apple’s iCloud Drive? ***
<https://gigaom.com/2014/12/06/is-now-a-good-time-to-switch-to-apples-icloud-drive/>
Geoffrey Goetz, GigaOM

> Overall I feel that the benefits of using iCloud Drive outweigh the inconvenience of intermittent and occasional performance issues I encounter.

*** Fans Scramble For iPod Classic, The Music Player Apple Killed Off ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/06/ipod-classic-apple-fans-scramble-for-last-gadgets>
Paul Gallagher, The Guardian

> Two months after Apple announced the demise of its iPod Classic MP3 player, the model is selling secondhand for up to four times its original price as aficionados clamour to get their hands on one.

*** Some Drawbacks In Tapping The Phone To Deposit A Check ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/06/your-money/some-drawbacks-in-tapping-the-phone-to-deposit-a-check.html?referrer=>
Ann Carrins, New York Times

> Some banks, for instance, don’t offer immediate availability of funds deposited by smartphone, as a way to control fraud. Banks also impose limits on the amounts that can be deposited using mobile phones, also to protect against fraud. But it can be difficult to find that information; some banks put such information online, rather than within the app that customers use to deposit the checks, Pew found.

*** Newly Revised 'Iconic' Coffee Table Book Makes Perfect Gift For Apple Enthusiasts ***
<http://www.imore.com/newly-revised-iconic-coffee-table-book-makes-perfect-gift-apple-enthusiasts>
Peter Cohen, iMore

> Looking for a special gift for that mega Apple enthusiast in your life? How about the newest edition of an absolutely stunning coffee table book that features lush, beautiful photographs of Apple devices?

*** Mapping On iOS ***
<https://medium.com/design-explosion/design-explosions-mapping-on-ios-ad4ec6ba5c59>
UX Launchpad, Medium

> Today we’re going to use Google Maps and Apple Maps as a design lesson.

*** Minimum_maximum ***
<http://www.asymptotejournal.com/article.php?cat=Poetry&id=193&curr_index=1>
Hirato Renkichi, Asymptote

*** British Humour ***
<http://www.qlrs.com/poem.asp?id=1144>
Ian C. Smith, Quarterly Literary Review Singapore

*** The Boy Who Grew Up ***
<http://uncannymagazine.com/article/boy-grew/>
Christopher Barzak, Uncanny Magazine