[MyAppleMenu] Aug 24, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Aug 24 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Hellow! Is Like Snapchat For Your More Precious Moments ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/08/16/hellow-is-like-snapchat-for-your-more-precious-moments/>
George Tinari, TUAW

> Hellow! is a free photo-sharing app for iOS that in practice is somewhat similar to Snapchat, but still clearly serves a different purpose. Photos don't disappear until you manually delete them, and the ability to schedule when and where to send them means planning a thoughtful picture to share ahead of time is far more plausible. These additional features for photo management make it less geared for casual use and more toward meaningful use.

*** Hellow! Is Like Snapchat For Your More Precious Moments ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/08/16/hellow-is-like-snapchat-for-your-more-precious-moments/>
George Tinari, TUAW

*** How To Connect To Hearing Aids For Auditory Accessibility On Your iPhone Or iPad ***
<http://www.imore.com/how-connect-hearing-aids-auditory-accessibility-your-iphone-or-ipad?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** Brave And Afraid And Heading Down The Longest Road ***
<http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/08/23/part-brave-and-afraid-and-heading-down-longest-road-michael-bourne-struggle-with-mental-illness/M2fHUzRGBobpEo458eLf6J/story.html>
Jenna Russell, The Boston Globe

> He was an ebullient boy, quick to laugh and easy to love. And then, at 17, the shadow fell. A devastating diagnosis of mental illness. Trouble, hospital, home, into the depths again. Now, sustained by his mother’s unimaginably patient love, he aims to make his way back.

*** Trouble In Paradise: Langkawi Struggles To Hold Onto Unesco Geopark Status ***
<http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/1577608/langkawi-victim-its-own-success>
Leisa Tyler, South China Morning Post

> Having won Unesco geopark status, Langkawi is struggling to hold on to it, as the negative effects of tourism take their toll on the Malaysian archipelago's beauty.

*** The One That Got Away ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/aug/23/the-one-that-got-away-david-sedaris>
David Sedaris, The Guardian

> 'Every man ticked off on his fingers was someone I'd been compared to at one point or other. Someone kissed better than me. Someone had more stamina, a more seductive voice'

*** Why We’re Not Driving The Friendly Skies ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/automobiles/why-were-not-driving-the-friendly-skies.html?ref=science>
Stuart F. Brown, New York Times

> A number of us can thank a cartoon character from the future, George Jetson, for instilling our longing. Students of aviation history might look for inspiration to the Autoplane prototype built in 1917 by the flight pioneer Glenn Curtiss. And tens of millions of motorists who have been stuck in traffic jams stretching toward the horizon must also feel a need to know: Where are the flying cars?

*** The Rise Of Time Machine Fiction ***
<http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/arts-and-books/the-rise-of-time-machine-fiction>
Sam Sacks, Prospect