[MyAppleMenu] Aug 21, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Aug 21 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** OmniFocus 2 Review: Stay On Top Of Your Task List With This Top Task Manager ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2466560/omnifocus-2-review-stay-on-top-of-your-task-list-with-this-top-task-manager.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#tk.rss_all>
Stuart Gripman, Macworld

> You’ll find that the design, capabilities, and documentation make it a very good value.

*** Blogo 2 Brings A Native WordPress App To OS X ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/08/20/blogo-2-brings-a-native-wordpress-app-to-os-x/>
Steven Sande, TUAW

*** Stellar Visual Storytelling App Steller Goes 2.0 With New Design And New Features ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/08/stellar-visual-storytelling-app-steller-goes-2-0-with-new-design-and-new-features>
Aldin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Dong Nguyen's Flappy Bird Follow-up Swing Copters Has Landed On The App Store ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/08/dong-nguyens-flappy-bird-follow-up-swing-copters-has-landed-on-the-app-store>
Aldin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Judge Denies Apple Bid To Recover Attorneys' Fees From Samsung, Releases $2.6M Bond Related To Galaxy Tab 10.1 Ban ***
<http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/08/20/judge-denies-apple-bid-to-recover-attorneys-fees-from-samsung-releases-26m-bond-related-to-galaxy-tab-101-ban>
Mikey Campbell, AppleInsider

*** Apple Can’t Hide From A 20-Year-old Reporter ***
<http://www.cjr.org/behind_the_news/apple_mark_gurman_9to5mac.php?page=all>
Michal Rosenwald, Columbia Journalism Review

> The best-sourced reporter covering Apple Inc., one of the world’s most secretive companies, is a 20-year-old junior at the University of Michigan. His name is Mark Gurman. He makes more than six figures a year as senior editor and scoop master at 9to5Mac.com, a news outlet most people have never heard of. In the interest of truth, which Gurman is known to pursue with almost religious zeal, it should be noted that he sometimes types stories in class.

*** The NFL Now Channel Arrives On The Apple TV ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/08/the-nfl-now-channel-arrives-on-the-apple-tv>
Brent Dirks, AppAdvice

*** Kill The Bookends Column: Why The New York Times Book Review’s Most Frustrating Feature Has To Go ***
<http://www.salon.com/2014/08/21/kill_the_bookends_column_why_the_new_york_times_book_reviews_most_frustrating_feature_has_to_go/>
Molly Fischer, Salon

> Sure, Bookends seems harmless enough. But it actually represents the worst impulses of today's critical culture.

*** This Is Where Your Childhood Memories Went ***
<http://nautil.us/issue/16/nothingness/this-is-where-your-childhood-memories-went>
Ferris Jabr, Nautilus

> Your brain needs to forget in order to grow.

*** Does Thor Qualify As A Disney Princess? ***
<http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/08/does-thor-qualify-as-a-disney-princess>
Ada Palmer, Tor.com

> Disney says the Marvel movieverse is separate from their Princess line, but it’s still a remarkably telling question if we take it seriously and actually look at what qualities make a Disney Princess, which Thor has, and what this shows about the Disney-patented princess obsession which has such an enormous impact on millions of kids (especially girls) and on our culture as a whole.

*** A Memoir Is Not A Status Update ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/memoir-status-update>
Dani Shapiro, New Yorker

> I worry that we’re confusing the small, sorry details—the ones that we post and read every day—for the work of memoir itself. I can’t tell you how many times people have thanked me for “sharing my story,” as if the books I’ve written are not chiseled and honed out of the hard and unforgiving material of a life but, rather, have been dashed off, as if a status update, a response to the question at the top of every Facebook feed: “What’s on your mind?”

*** The Strange & Curious Tale Of The Last True Hermit ***
<http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201409/the-last-true-hermit?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email>
Michael Finkel, GQ