[MyAppleMenu] Apr 9, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Apr 9 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** How To Make Any Printer Work With AirPrint On The Mac ***
<http://www.imore.com/how-make-any-printer-airprint-compatible-printopia-mac>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** My Nine Must-have Plug-ins For Apple Mail ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2140903/my-nine-must-have-plug-ins-for-apple-mail.html#tk.rss_all>
Joe Kissell, Macworld

*** Apple Testing Maps Notifications To Inform Users Of Fixed Problems ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/09/apple-testing-maps-notifications-to-inform-users-of-fixed-problems/>
Richard Padilla, MacRumors

> The user reported an error to Apple in the Maps app on April 6 and was given an option to receive a notification when the issue was resolved, with Apple sending a push notification on April 8 indicating the problem had been fixed.

*** Drafts 3.6 Brings New Google Drive And Clipboard Actions, Auto-Backup ***
<http://www.macstories.net/news/drafts-3-6-brings-new-google-drive-and-clipboard-actions-auto-backup/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

*** Daily App: WeathrClip Brings The Current Weather Conditions To Your Mac's Menu Bar ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/04/09/daily-app-weathrclip-brings-the-current-weather-conditions-to-y/?ncid=rss_truncated>
Kelly Hodgkins, TUAW

> What better place for a weather app than your menu bar, allowing you to see the current outside temperature with additional details available at a click. One simple, but effective weather app for your menu bar is WeathrClip by Gavin Wiggins.

*** AirPlay Recorder Review: A Solid Tool For Capturing iTunes Streams, Ethics Aside ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2140300/airplay-recorder-review-a-solid-tool-for-capturing-itunes-streams-ethics-aside.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** How To Make Exported iPhoto Image Titles "Sticky" ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2140904/how-to-make-exported-iphoto-image-titles-sticky.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** How To Protect Yourself From The 'Heartbleed' Bug ***
<http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-protect-yourself-from-the-heartbleed-bug/>
Richard Nieva, CNET

> A major new security vulnerability dubbed Heartbleed was disclosed Monday night with severe implications for the entire Web. The bug can scrape a server's memory, where sensitive user data is stored, including private data such as usernames, passwords, and credit card numbers.

> It's an extremely serious issue, affecting some 500,000 servers, according to Netcraft, an Internet research firm. Here's what you can do to make sure your information is protected, according to security experts contacted by CNET.

*** Microsoft Does Reddit: Five Cool Things We Learned About Office For iPad ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2141101/five-interesting-tidbits-from-the-office-for-ipad-ama.html#tk.rss_all>
Serenity Caldwell, Macworld

> Not a big surprise, but the folks who built the Office for iPad apps are the same ones who are working on Office for Mac. And it’s a pretty Mac-centric group, too; According to the team, “everyone has an iPad, and the Mac:PC ratio is 16:1.” Don’t expect them to reveal when the next version of Office might make its way to the Mac, however; when asked, the group would only say “we are working on the next version.”

*** Sesame Street’s New Sesame GO Video Streaming Service Is Perfect For iOS Devices ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/04/sesame-streets-new-sesame-go-video-streaming-service-is-perfect-for-ios-devices>
Brent Dirks, AppAdvice

> Just for fans in the United States, a subscription will set you back $3.99 per month or $29.99 per year.

> But instead of a dedicated app, the advertising-free service can be reached through a Web browser on Mac, PC, or iOS device.

*** AppleCare Covers Much More Than You May Have Thought ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/04/08/applecare-covers-much-more-than-you-may-have-thought/?ncid=rss_truncated>
John-Michael Bond, TUAW

*** When Smartphones Attack ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2014/04/alena_graedon_s_the_word_exchange_reviewed.html>
Rebecca Onion, Slate

> A new sci-fi novel explores the ramifications of outsourcing our language to our devices.

*** A Little Pizza Homework ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/09/dining/a-little-pizza-homework.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Sam Sifton, New York Times