[MyAppleMenu] Apr 8, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Apr 8 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Microsoft PowerPoint For iPad Vs Apple Keynote Review: Which Is The Best App For Creating Presentations? ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/business/microsoft-powerpoint-for-ipad-vs-apple-keynote-review-3510748/>
Lou Hattersley, Macworld UK

> We’d take Keynote over PowerPoint hands down. Both apps perform largely the same function, but Keynote makes better looking presentations to our eyes. We have created, and sat in front of, countless presentations and Keynote is the one to go for. Your audience will thank you.

*** Adobe Lightroom Mobile Review: Edit RAW Photos On Your iPad, Sort Of ***
<http://gizmodo.com/adobe-lightroom-mobile-review-edit-raw-photos-on-your-1560517633>
Michael Hession, Gizmodo

> Besides the paired down feature-set, there isn't a whole lot to complain about with Adobe's first shot at Lightroom Mobile. It all just works! But really making photographers swoon will depend on the speed at which they can update the app with features that Lightroom users will be demanding on day one. It's not that Lightroom Mobile feels like a first draft of a script, it feels more like a very polished treatment for a longer movie.

*** Review: Top 5 Real Time Strategy Games On iOS ***
<http://digitaljournal.com/technology/review-top-5-real-time-strategy-games-on-ios/article/380008>
Nicole Weddington, Digital Journal

*** Monument Valley Review (iPad/iPhone) ***
<http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/128336-monument-valley-review-ipad-iphone>
Stuart Miles, Pocket-lint

> It's about working out the puzzle rather than making the jump at the right time, or having to defeat an end of level baddie. It really is serene.

*** Making Ebooks In Pages 5.2: Here's What Works Now (And What Still Doesn't) ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2140800/making-ebooks-in-pages-5-2-heres-what-works-now-and-what-still-doesnt.html#tk.rss_all>
Serenity Caldwell, Macworld

> That’s right: Not only did someone take the time to improve ePub export for Pages 5.0, but they seem to actively be working on making it better with future releases.

*** Watchup 3.0 Introduces New Design With New Features For Your Personalized Newscast ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/04/watchup-3-0-introduces-new-design-with-new-features-for-your-personalized-newscast>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Watchup is an app that offers a personalized newscast stream from a number of local, national and international news channels.

*** Apple Says iOS 7 Is Now Installed On 87% Of Devices ***
<http://www.imore.com/apple-says-ios-7-now-installed-87-devices>
Simon Sage, iMore

*** How To Get An App Store Refund For Kids' Accidental In-app Purchases ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2140066/how-to-get-an-app-store-refund-for-kids-accidental-in-app-purchases.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Moren, Macworld

> Chances are you’ve probably received an email from Apple explaining the steps you need to take, but just in case you’ve misplaced that email or want a little more detailed explanation, here’s a rundown of what you need to do.

*** Apple Sending Out Emails To Lucky WWDC Lotto Winners ***
<http://www.imore.com/apple-sending-out-email-lucky-wwdc-lotto-winners>
Jerry Hildenbrand, iMore

*** First Look: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2140822/first-look-adobe-lightroom-mobile-for-ipad.html#tk.rss_all>
Jeff Carlson, Macworld

*** Adobe Debuts Lightroom Mobile For iPad With Powerful, On-the-go Photo Editing ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/04/07/adobe-debuts-lightroom-mobile-for-ipad-for-powerful-on-the-go-photo-editing/>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

> The iPad application borrows many of the essential features from the powerful desktop software and is optimized for the touch input user experience key to the tablet. We’ve taken a sneak peek at Lightroom Mobile for iPad, and we have all the details on Adobe’s latest Lightroom update.

*** Choreographing A Vision In Bollywood ***
<http://www.apple.com/your-verse/bollywood-vision/>
Apple

*** Book Review: 'The Rule Of Nobody' By Philip K. Howard ***
<http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303802104579450140089609468?mod=rss_Book_Reviews&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303802104579450140089609468.html%3Fmod%3Drss_Book_Reviews>
Stuart Taylor Jr., Wall Street Journal

> When a tree fell into a stream in Franklin Township, N.J., it took 12 days and $12,000 for the necessary permits to remove it.

*** The 16Th Century’s Line Of Fire ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/08/science/infinitesimal-looks-at-an-historic-math-battle.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
John Allen Paulos, New York Times

> Bertrand Russell once wrote that mathematics had a “beauty cold and austere.” In this new book, the historian Amir Alexander shows that mathematics can also become entangled in ugliness hot and messy.

*** The Sponge Of Sleep ***
<http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/apr/24/the-sponge-of-sleep/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nybooks+%28The+New+York+Review+of+Books%29>
John Ashbery, The New York Review Of Books