[MyAppleMenu] Sep 18, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Sep 18 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** The iPhone 5s And 5c ***
<http://daringfireball.net/2013/09/the_iphone_5s_and_5c>
John Gruber, Daring Fireball

> This is what innovation, real innovation, looks like. It’s like the Thomas Edison quote, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Innovation is missed by most people because it is so often incremental.

*** Reeder 2 Review: Popular RSS Reader Gets A Fresh Coat Of iOS 7-Friendly Paint ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2048880/reeder-2-review-popular-rss-reader-gets-a-fresh-coat-of-ios-7-friendly-paint.html#tk.rss_all>
Marco Tabini, Macworld

*** Pandora Introduces Version 5 Of iOS Apps W/ New Look For iOS 7 On iTunes Radio Launch Day ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/18/pandora-introduces-version-5-of-ios-apps-w-new-look-for-ios-7-on-itunes-radio-launch-day/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

*** iOS 7, Thoroughly Reviewed ***
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/ios-7-thoroughly-reviewed/>
Andrew Cunningham, Ars Technica

> No matter what you think of the design, if you’re an iOS user and you want to keep up with the newest features, you’ll have to come to terms with it. And even things that still bother me (the animations, first and foremost) can be tolerated because of the genuinely useful new features and additions that arrive with the update.

*** How To Upgrade To iOS 7 ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2048720/how-to-upgrade-to-ios-7.html#tk.rss_all>
Serenity Caldwell, Macworld

> If you’re concerned about the upgrade process, or you simply want to know all your setup options before making the big switch, let us help you upgrade your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to iOS 7 with this step-by-step guide.

*** Popular Service IFTTT Updates Its iOS App With Refreshed Design ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/09/popular-service-ifttt-updates-its-ios-app-with-refreshed-design>
Joe White, AppAdvice

*** Flipboard For iPad, iPhone Review - Magazine Style News, Features In One Beautiful, Responsive App ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/reviews/?reviewid=3469270&olo=rss>
Nick Spence, Macworld UK

> Flipboard is a must have app, more so with the introduction of iOS 7, one that showcases Apple's invention to great effect, while maintaining a lead over similar social-news aggregators. Beautifully tactile and responsive, it makes reading anything on your iDevice a absolute pleasure, one ideal for exploring both favourite news sources and discovering new and inspirational content, including wonderful user curated personalised magazines.

*** 'Infinity Blade III' Review: Once More Unto The Breach ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/18/4743518/infinity-blade-iii-review-once-more-unto-the-breach>
Sean Hollister, The Verge

*** The iPhone 5s Review ***
<http://anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review>
Anand Lal Shimpi, AnandTech

> In many ways it's an evolutionary improvement over the iPhone 5, but in others it is a significant step forward. What Apple's silicon teams have been doing for these past couple of years has really started to pay off. From a CPU and GPU standpoint, the 5s is probably the most futureproof of any iPhone ever launched. As much as it pains me to use the word futureproof, if you are one of those people who likes to hold onto their device for a while - the 5s is as good a starting point as any.

*** A New Touch For iPhone ***
<http://allthingsd.com/20130917/a-new-touch-for-iphone/>
Walt Mossberg, All Things D

> The new iPhone 5s is a delight. Its hardware and software make it the best smartphone on the market.

*** Review: iPhone 5c And iPhone 5s ***
<http://www.loopinsight.com/2013/09/17/review-iphone-5c-and-iphone-5s/>
Jim Dalrymple, The Loop

> The fingerprint sensor solved a problem and makes my handling of the iPhone more efficient. That’s what a feature should do.

*** The iPhone 5c Review ***
<http://www.anandtech.com/show/7340/the-iphone-5c-review>
Anand Lal Shimpi, AnandTech

> Apple’s return to a polycarbonate iPhone design seems to have gone quite well. The iPhone 5c is solid, doesn’t have any noticeable amount of flex and has a great in hand feel thanks to its nicely curved edges.

*** iOS 7: The Pixel Envy Review ***
<http://pxlnv.com/blog/ios7-review/>
Nick Heer, Pixel Envy

> Should you upgrade? In a word, yes, but not without reservations. Even though it’s iOS 7.0, you can almost think of it as a 1.0 release — it’s that big of a rewrite. As such, it comes with the familiar caveats of a 1.0 release.

*** Byword 2 Review ***
<http://www.maclife.com/article/reviews/byword_2_review>
Ray Augilera, Mac Life

> Thanks to the clean interface and onboard publishing features, Byword has become my new go-to app for everything from grocery lists to meeting notes, and yes, writing this article. It's got everything I need, without any of the bloat of a word processor.

*** Apple Rolls Out iOS 7-Inspired iCloud.com Redesign ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/17/apple-rolls-out-ios-7-inspired-icloud-com-redesign/>
Michael Grothaus, TUAW

*** Amazon Mobile For iOS Adds Push Notifications For Shipments, Deals And Subscription Activity ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/17/amazon-mobile-for-ios-adds-push-notifications-for-shipments-deals-and-subscription-activity/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Scott Buscemi, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Photo Transfer WiFi Is An Easy Way To Move Photos And Videos Between iOS And Your Computer ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/17/photo-transfer-wifi-is-an-easy-way-to-move-photos-and-videos-bet/>
Mel Martin, TUAW

> The universal app can move photos or videos over a WiFi network with a simple drag and drop, and you can add any PC or Mac with a web browser to accept the files.

*** Perfect Weather For iPhone Puts Animated Radar At Your Fingertips ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/17/4737966/perfect-weather-for-iphone-animated-radar-at-your-fingertips>
Dan Seifert, The Verge

*** Getting Ready For iOS 7: How To Backup Your Device And Set Up iOS 7 ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/17/getting-ready-for-ios-7-how-to-backup-your-device-setup-ios-7/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Sarah Guarino, 9 To 5 Mac

> Before installing the update, it is recommended that you have a backup of your data. This how-to is going to walk you through backing up your iOS 6 device and transitioning it over to iOS 7.

*** News For iPhone, iPad Review - RSS Feed Reader Delivers News, Entertainment, And More ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/reviews/?reviewid=3469188&olo=rss>
Nick Spence, Macworld UK

> RSS feed reader isn't the most attractive but offers plenty of content for reading and sharing.

*** Reeder 2 For iPhone, iPad Review - Popular RSS Reader Gets iOS 7 Like Makeover ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/reviews/?reviewid=3469177&olo=rss>
Nick Spence, Macworld UK

*** A Grand Unified Theory Of Pixar ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2013/09/pixar_theory_this_grand_unified_theory_explains_how_monsters_inc_s_boo_grows.html>