[MyAppleMenu] Oct 19, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Oct 19 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Small World 2 ***
<http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Small+World+2/review.asp?c=54350>
Matt Thrower, Pocket Gamer

> Although the deterministic nature of the game means it lacks some of the megalomaniac thrills of traditional world conquest titles, it's curiously addictive. The slick interface, accessible strategy gameplay, and goofy theme make it just too easy to start game after game.

*** Google's Hangouts iOS App Says Hello To Voice Calling And Other New Features ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/10/googles-hangouts-ios-app-says-hello-to-voice-calling-and-other-new-features>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Level Money Simplifies Budgeting ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14199?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> It offers a simplified way to budget your money and track savings, and although there are certainly security concerns, you have to ask if they’re more worrying than inadvertent overspending. For me, they aren’t.

*** Tweet7 Is One Of The Best iOS 7 Inspired Twitter Experiences You Could Ask For ***
<http://www.imore.com/tweet7-best-ios-7-inspired-twitter-experience-you-could-ask>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> It's simple, minimalistic, and will provide more than enough functionality for anyone but power users.

*** The Rise Of The Coffee Machines ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2013/10/briggo_coffee_robot_should_starbucks_replace_baristas_with_machines.html>
Will Oremus, Slate

> Should Starbucks replace its baristas with robots?

*** Musts, Maybes, And Nevers: Book Review ***
<http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/musts-maybes-nevers-book-review-649376>
Todd McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter

> What most distinguishes Picker's book from innumerable other insiders' accounts of Hollywood doings is its first-hand look at the moment of inception of so many famous films.

*** The Saturday Poem: Exit Interview ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/oct/19/poetry-blake-morrison>
Blake Morrison, The Guardian

*** 22 Hours In Balthazar ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/20/magazine/22-hours-in-balthazar.html?_r=0>